If you’ve ever been curious about deciphering the cryptic contents of your subconscious mind, here’s your chance! If you would like Aneta to interpret your dream, fill out this form. She will respond with your dream interpretation through this column, published every Thursday. Aneta would love to receive more comments for the dreams interpreted. If you can relate to a dream posted here or have any insights to add, you can post them as comments to the interpretation, or email her at email@example.com.
As a child, I used to dream of a single large tree in a clearing in the forest behind my house that I had to take a secret trail to find, but I always knew the way. I’d dream all night about building a treehouse/fort in and around the tree. I was always happy just to be there.
I had this same dream for many months and would go back to it now and then in the years that followed. The dream would always make me feel content and at peace. I can still vividly picture the trail and the tree and sense the calming nature of the dream almost 50 years later.
DREAMER: Male, 55, United States
Tree/Forest — subconscious existence
Trail — path in life
House — state of mind
Thank you for sharing your dream.
Enchantment comes to mind when fully receiving your dream—enchantment with your inner mind. Forests and trees are symbols for that part of us expressed through the Subconscious (inner) Mind.
You wanting to build a treehouse symbolizes your inner desire to understand your inner Self, to go deeper within and gain command of your “inner world,” your Subconscious Mind.
Your dream says that you know “the way.” This is reflected by the secret trail that you’d take to get to the clearing. That trail represents a path you could take that would lead you inwards. It’s time to get back on that trail…
I think this particular dream is coming back into your life so that you can go within and explore the inner world of your Real Self. The path doesn’t need to be secret anymore!
Ask your dreams what the next step is for you to take.
11 steps that’ll help you communicate with your dreams
- At a minimum of two hours before going to bed, disconnect all electronic devices. Yes, including your cellphone!
- Create an atmosphere in your bedroom of relaxation: candles, soft music, etc.
- Take a bath or a shower.
- Go to bed and journal for a minimum of 10 minutes about the events of the day. The idea is to clear your conscious mind. Let it all flow out. This doesn’t need to be an edited essay, just your thoughts reflected on paper back to you.
- Set a clear intention for the dream incubation, making this an open-ended statement. Formulate your desire in a well-defined sentence. Write it down in your dream journal after completing Step #7 below.
- Do some “stream-of-consciousness” handwriting for 10 to 20 minutes, writing about your desire. Include details and feelings (similar to #4 above).
- Draw a picture of what it is that you desire to dream about.
- Select a pad or a notebook to be your dream journal. In it, write the next day’s date and “I will remember my dream,” along with your intention for the dream incubation (see #5 above).
- Go to sleep knowing that answers are coming to you.
- In the morning, try not to wake up to an alarm. Wake up on your own, slowly and restfully. Immediately write down the dream that you remember.
- Interpret the dream so you can heed the message you received and apply it in your waking life. You can send it to The Mindful Word’s weekly dream column so I can help you interpret it and implement it in your life.
The Subconscious Mind fulfills conscious desires
It’s the Subconscious Mind’s duty to fulfill your conscious desires. “Thought is cause,” therefore it’s very important for you to pay attention to the thoughts that you’re thinking.
Where are you directing your attention? Whatever you focus your mental attention on grows … you still have a lot of time to build that treehouse!
May your dreams illuminate the inner you…