The Mindful Word publishes articles daily on the website and quarterly in the digital magazine. Read About the magazine to learn more. Before submitting, we encourage you to read a few articles first as that’s the best way to get a feel for what we publish. Here’s a list of the type of material we’re looking for with some article examples.
• features - creative nonfiction (see Models of employee engagement, Living in the moment)
• service articles - how-to, lists, round-ups (Container gardening, How to raise your consciousness)
• interviews – text and/or video (Undoing the dogmas of science, Embrace the hero’s journey)
• reviews – conscious media (A Whole New Mind, Juice Fasting and Detoxification)
• essays – personal, not academic (Christ for Beginners, Bless your circumstances)
• news and reports – mostly mindfulness and psychology (Rewiring the brain, Why mindfulness works)
• fiction – any form or genre (King of the Rock, Hopetown, Noah’s Ark)
• poetry – any form or genre (Poems by Max Reif, Holy, Walk with awareness)
• editorial cartoons – related to spirituality, society, culture (images attached as JPG, resolution of 72 DPI)
• photo essays - any form or genre (images attached as JPG, resolution of 72 DPI)
We receive many submissions for the mind-spirit section so it would be best to target any of the other sections. We also receive a great number of essays and are looking for more features and service pieces.
We do not publish guest posts by writers wanting to promote themselves, their services or websites. However, if you genuinely want to write about a topic that we cover feel free to submit your story. You’ll have the opportunity to add a bio at the end of your article.
Article submissions are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. We edit all submissions to suit our audience and to adhere to our style guidelines so expect that your work will be edited.
Please send your submission to the corresponding section editor below. Pick the one section that you think best suits the article you are submitting. If you’d like to include a bio, please limit it to four sentences, and place links to your websites or social media profiles there as we do not add writers’ links in the body of the article. We will respond within two weeks.
Mindfulness – UB Hawthorn
Mind-spirit – Gabriella Lancia
Conscious creativity – Erica Roberts
Wholistic health – Erica Roberts
Sustainability – Abbie Mood
Participatory culture - UB Hawthorn
Travel-living – UB Hawthorn