The Mindful Word publishes articles daily on the website and quarterly in the digital magazine. Read About us to learn more. Before submitting, we encourage you to read a few articles first as that’s the best way to get a feel for what we publish. Here’s a list of the type of material we’re looking for with some article examples.
• features - creative nonfiction (i.e. Models of employee engagement, Living in the moment)
• service articles - how-to, lists, round-ups (i.e. Container gardening, How to raise your consciousness)
• interviews – text and/or video (i.e. Undoing the dogmas of science, Embrace the hero’s journey)
• reviews – conscious media (i.e. A Whole New Mind, Juice Fasting and Detoxification)
• essays – personal, not academic (i.e. Christ for Beginners, Bless your circumstances)
• news and reports – mindfulness and psychology (i.e. Why mindfulness works, Rewiring the brain)
• fiction – any form or genre (i.e. King of the Rock, Hopetown, Noah’s Ark)
• poetry – any form or genre (i.e. Poems by Max Reif, Holy, Walk with awareness)
• editorial cartoons – related to spirituality, society, culture (attach JPG images, resolution of 72 DPI)
• photo essays - any form or genre (attach JPG images, resolution of 72 DPI)
Article submissions are published under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. We edit all submissions to suit our audience and to adhere to our style guidelines so expect that your work will be edited.
We only accept articles that have not been published before on the Internet. We do not publish guest posts by writers wanting to promote themselves or their services. However, if you genuinely want to write about a topic that we cover feel free to submit your story. You’ll have the opportunity to add a bio at the end of your article.
Send article submissions to email@example.com. Send reviews, poetry and fiction to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to include a bio, please limit it to three sentences and place links to your websites or social media profiles there as we do not add writers’ links in the body of the article. We will respond within two weeks.
If you’d like to contribute to The Mindful Word on a regular basis, please visit our contributing members page. Contributing members get paid for their submissions.